Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rear light innards

TomB

I need at least one (but will have two if I can find them) innards of the rear tail lights, with a good length of cable, at least 6-7 inches

Ive had a persistent brake light out, and upon finally stripping the tape off the connectors had pulled out. The leads from the lights have got gradually shorter over the years fitting new connectors on, and now they are too short and look to be starting to pull out. 

Given Im shortly going to be fitting Ali mounting blocks, I'd rather not buy the full rear light assembly if possible.

Tom,

I took one of mine off last night and the wires seem to terminate directly in the bulb holders so not sure its doable. Alternate may be to solder / heatshrink wire extensions. Polevolt sell the econoseal connectors.

I also seem to recall finding the lamp units on caravan spares websites much cheaper than caterham.

Ian

Thanks for the idea.  Im minded might do a quick fix and just put a short length of extension wire with bullets for now, and look to do a proper job with Econoseal connectors and new wiring when I fit the ali light mounts.  I doubt the Econoseal connectors will fit through the holes in the side skin, so Ill have to enlarge and fit a proper grommet too.