Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Blyton Park Novice Day - Feedback

Dave Hardcastle

In one word, SUPERB! As a (now deflowered) track day virgin, I couldn't have asked for anymore. Organisation was brilliant and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute.... even the weather smiled on us!!

Included instruction was great, I used the rest of the day getting one corner in particular, correct!

I, and others I spoke to, had reservations about OPL, thinking we would be queuing forever. However, I think James & Dave 'may' have some previous experience/knowledge to draw on, it worked brilliantly. *driving*

Thanks to all involved, a fantastic day.

Totally agree. The whole day was great and the instruction really helped. If it hadn't been for Merrick's great instruction I would have probably ended up in a field. I now have so much more confidence in how my car handles. Also met some great people and enjoyed the social evening as well. I'll definitely be going again.

And from me - brilliant day - Thanks to James and Dave the club organizers, the team of instructors Richard and his team at Blyton not forgetting the marshals. AND we had sunshine and blue skies .......   

I went apprehensive to say the least but by the end of the morning sessions 10 times more confident if not competent for the afternoon sessions. I think the evening before and meeting many of you helped as we all shared our nerves over a curry and beer. 

I even signed up for day 2 and shared the car with Roger for the day ......  so many of you said you wished you could have stayed on as well especially since the second day was also in sessions of 6 cars. It really worked and gave me the confidence that the really fast and experienced  club members were as  courteous and helpful to us novices  as I expected them to be . As well as Roger , Mike  and Adrian both came out as passengers with me and I am grateful for their confidence in me !! 

I am looking forward to the next track day and meeting 'team novice' again  ........      

Chris 

As others have said, it was a great day with superb organisation.  If it is run again next year I can highly recommend it to anyone looking to dip their toe into Track Days.

Thanks again.

Stu

Absolutely agree with all the above;  a fabulous day.  And well worth the 300 mile round trip (without trailer..!).  For some strange technical reason I seemed to get a completely different consumption figure on the A1 compared to Blyton;  I blame the stiff easterly breeze..!  ;)

A huge thank you to all those involved in the organisation and supervision on the day.  Blyton is a lovely venue (on a sunny day anyway), and the whole experience (including the OPL) was 'just right'.

A special word of thanks to Merrick (in my case, and the other instructors I'm sure) for having sufficient confidence in us all to put their lives on the line and provide much needed in-car guidance and encouragement.

Please arrange another one soon...

• Leadership Team

"Please arrange another one soon..."

Err - well, now that you are all ex-novices you should absolutely come along to one of the remaining Club trackdays this year! 

Full days would be a better choice than an event where the Club has bought a single session (20 minutes running each hour) because in a full day we start with sessions (graded by experience and ability) before moving to OPL.  Spaces are still available at the iconic Cadwell Park venue for Friday 30th June and then watch out for Anglesey which isn't yet opened-up for booking but takes place on October 13th.

As for another Novices Day - we will, almost certainly, do one again in 2018 and to make sure we cover all geographies we will look for a more southerly location.  But I expect us to be back at Blyton Park as a normal fixture in the calendar next year as well - it's such a fun and rewarding venue.

James

My thoughts eco those above. A massive thanks to James and Dave for organising the day and ensuring it ran like clockwork and to schedule, no easy feat. Also thanks to all the instructors for their pearls of wisdom, and to the other participants for ensuring it was a friendly and welcoming environment in which to enjoy my first track day.

Have just received my Low Flying magazine and the enclosed Cadwell Park application... oh the deliberation...

David

(Dark Blue Roadsport with Silver Stripe)