Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Making it faster

Robert Cadiz

Just thought I would update on where I've gone with the car. Thank you very much to all those who helped I'm the forum and in private.

Engine: there was room for improvement on the fueling side so going for bigger throttle bodies and injectors. 45mm to 48mm ported with Bosch green. I'll let you know what the results are after mapping.

Gearing: no change as all the individual ratios were already low for acceleration. With the rev range available changing up doesn't drop the engine out of peak torque.

Suspension: change from standard blistiens to Penske 2 way with digressive damping curve and polly bushes. Simon of Meteor Motorsport really helped to define what I want to do in the car and the suspension that will help give it to me.

Differential: again, thanks Simon for introducing me to the tracsport diff. If you've read Simon's updates about racing one you'll understand. Basically a mechanical plated diff that is able to work like an open diff on corner entry and lock up on exit. Thus helping to eliminate understeer while maximising grip.

Hopefully it will all be together for Brands GP and I can update again.

I haven't gotten​ around to the aero screen, half doors and venting the cycle wings but that's going to happen!

Once again, thanks to everyone who took the time to offer​ advice.

Robert