Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Entry List Posted on Blatchat prior to event

Simon.Rogers

Could we please have the Club's Entry list for an event posted on Blatchat or sent in an email prior to an event please.

It was not until after the event on the scoresheet that I realized I had been competing against Simon Jenks.

I am not saying I would have won but I certainly would not have backed off up Cedar Straight(Not) .  Given there was only 4/100th difference it was probably important.

I knew Simon was registered but there was no mention on here or in the Loton Entry that he was in Class 7.

Nigel always lets us know on here as he is competing in many different series.

I am also beginning to wonder if someone is running in our champs that they should run in class with us so that conditions are equal - or as close as possible.

At Loton I would have had the benefit of a slightly drier track but it could swing all ways as we all know.

I am more than happy to take the rough with the smooth within our own Classes weather wise but seems wrong when there could be 1.5hrs between those in other champs.

Simon,

with the greatest respect an updated competitor list was circulated on the 13th April, which clearly shows both Simon Jenks and Nigel Fox entered in the championship, and whilst I was aware that they were entered at Loton, in the majority of cases, it's only by the competitors themselves making me aware on the day that we do pick them up.

Whilst I do circulate the list supplied by the event organizers it is not my intention to take on an additional burden of checking the other classes and posting up on here, as invariably if there is an error or change then we will get the same cry. and to my knowledge this has never been the case and historically even the email from the event organizers have not been circulated separately.

With regards to competitors running in other classes, as you are aware this has been the arrangement for a number of years and has become established practice, if you do feel strongly about it then feel free to make a proposal to be considered at the year end for implementation next season.

Best Regards.

Chris .