Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Damper upgrade?

jamesclarkson

Just wondered if the Bilstein dampers on my 2014 Roadsport car can be upgraded to the 'race/track' dampers found on the Supersport cars?  I wondered if it was an upgrade to the internals rather than a completely different unit?

Is this something that Bilstein directly could do?

Thanks

My Superlight Twenty had the 'Trackday.Race' dampers which I believe were the same as fitted to Supersport.  I think they have a different Bilstein part number.  

Turns out the valving can be upgraded, but might have a look at some other options, before committing.

• 2 weeks later...

Dave Rayner,

I also have been having issues with front dampers!

If you still have them I am interested in having them off you, as I need to book the CAT in to Chris Neils in Northwich in order for him to remove my Bilsteins so, I can send them off for re-furbishing as they are leaking, I require some to replace just while I get the Bilsteins serviced.

Then I can put the Bilsteins back once repaired.

I will find out if they can get the bottom bolt out once I have some shocks to replace them.

Cheers

Matt

Worth chatting to a Simon Rogers at a Meteor Motorsports...  he understands 7's suspension better than most (beware though, he also has access to some expensive options!)

01558 668708   07920 843146   www.meteormotorsport.com