Click here if you are having website access problems ×

R500 seats for little money....

Marius

... now that got your attention, eh? Sorry for that trick but I called Caterham today and they told me that the R500 carbon seats are 400quids each + VAT, more than only little money. Anyway, they´re out of stock in the moment until mid January but that gave me time to think:

Thes seats are oviously not made by Caterham but a company called "Mullet" or "Moet" (no Jules, not the bubbly), logo is hard to identify. I saw the manufacturers-logo on one of the earlier R500 where the seat was not named Caterham yet. In last years Demon Tweeks catalogue there were also some cart-seats from this company.

Now my thought: does this company only produce these seats exclusively for Caterham or do they sell that seat with their own name some significant less ???? Anyone who knows the company ?

I have the composite version of the seat which I believe is the one Caterham use in the Blackbird. The seat is identical to the R500 Kevlar except the yellow bits are black. I bought them as an upgrade to the standard SLR composite seat and the upgrade cost was £300 rather than £700 for the R500 version.