Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Refreshing a windscreen

BenF

Hello all,

On my first blat of the year this weekend, I noticed in the direct sun, how my windscreen is peppered with tiny chips -  the kind which don't cause any crack but make visibility worse.

Now this is on a Cayman rather than a 7, but I saw similar problem with 7s and wondered if anyone had any luck doing some light polishing.

My plan was to clean the windscreen and then use a clay bar to get rid of anything stuck to it, not sure whether I can do anything else for it.  Any tips?

Ben

Problem is the seven screen gets peppered with tiny stones as there's no nice smooth air flow up and over.  Those chipp are small in diameter but relatively deep - polishing doesn't do much for most of them.

Only way I found is a new one . . . just don't look too closely at it a year later . . . looks almost as bad as the original 11yr old one . . .

Guys... thanks for all the replies

My first step is to give the screen a good clean and clay bar, then I will look at using some toothpaste on a small area.

I always thought that it was mainly 7 screens that got peppered with tiny chips, it has been a learning experience to find the same happens on a Porsche....

Ben

Porsche windscreens seem to be susceptible to this. My car is only 2.5 years old and the screen got so bad I ended up getting it changed . The "pits" were leaving streaks from the wipers when it rained . 

" fortunately " a large crack appeared around this time ................