Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Fuel pressure regulator

p.mole1

I am about to fit a set of DTH throttle bodies and will be using the standard Rover fuel rail. Why does the pressure regulator have a vaccum connector?. I also have a vaccum pipe connected to a plastic cylinder with an electrical plug which I think is a charcoal can for collecting fumes. Can I just remove the vaccum pipe? will petrol tank still be able to vent, breathe. Also the engine has a vaccum connection to a breather on the cam cover via a very small drilling, I have been advised to ignore this, however if I block this the crankcase will have no through flow of fresh air to rid it of blow by fumes, does it matter?

The vacuum connector is there so that the fuel pressure is referenced against manifold pressure rather than ambient, this ensures that there is a constant 3 bar of fuel pressure cross the system regardless of manifold vacuum.

Leave the vac connector off the FPR when fitting TBs , disconnect the vacuum pipe and send the cam cover breather to the airbox backplate. Disconnect the vacuum pipe to the charcoal canister and disconnect the canisters electrical connector.

Oily