Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

K Series MEMS ECU pins 37 & 47

dodgedavidson

Hi all,

I wired up my Wide Band Lambda on my 1600K  today, I have an Emerald with EU3 adapter cable, all working, a good day!

It raised a question though. On the MEMS ECU connector, pin 37 (Red White) and Pin 47 (Blue) are wired up and I can see no reference to them in the Caterham's or Andrew Revill's wiring diagrams.

Anyone know what these wires are for?

Cheers,

Roger

Never seem them wired up in a Caterham loom before. As Oily says, the MEMS manual has them down as "A/C Evaporator Temperature Sensor  Earth / Signal". Can't imagine the other ends of these wires connect to anything ... unless yours is the only Caterham with air conditioning *smile* 

Thanks guys, mystery solved.
You're right, there was no connector but as I was tracing the other ECU connections I did find 3 unused connectors dangling:
Post Cat O2 - 4pin, pins 3(BlueYellow), 27(GreenBlue), 29(BlueWhite) & 12V(BrownBlue), by scuttle
Charcoal Canister - 2 pin, pin38(BlackOrange) & 12V(BownPink), by engine loom connector
3 pin connector - pins 69(GreenWhite),78(RedBlack) & Earth (Black), by scuttle - not sure what this is for?

My next job is fitting an Apollo and I found the black/yellow bare wire for the oil temp sender tie-wrapped down by the oil pressure switch. It’s wired back to the engine loom plug but the corresponding connector on the vehicle side of the plug is blanked off!

Cheers,
Roger

Pin 69 is drive for the MIL LED. My guess is Caterham don't wire these because they would be on all the time due to all of the missing systems (post-cat lambda sensor etc.) which the ECU would expect in a Rover installation.

Pin 78 is the road speed sensor signal from the ABS unit, so again safely ignored I would think.