Click here if you are having website access problems ×

SL rollcage on standard chassis

StephaneM

Hello,

Initially, I planned to buy HPC seven, wich is very hard to find here in France. Now, I investigate also another solution, wich is to buy a new 1.6K "GT", wich is used in the french Caterham cup, & road legal. The car is sold without confort equipment, with 13" wheels & 032R, with wide track, with cycle wings, race seats & rollcage. I think this reasonnable engine is a good way to "learn" the car on track, & I still have the possibility to improve the power to ~160 bhp with this engine, & if it is not enough to mount a Zetec, a Duratec or a bike engine... As a sum up, the car can evolute next to me!

I asked to Caterham racing france what is the price regarding 6 speeds gearbox & SL rollcage (only for aesthetic, I admit)

My question is regarding this SL rollcage assy: I have been told that it needs a chassis modification, wich is quoted ~220£, in addition to the over priced rollcage compared to the standard one (+~280£). I read in another thread that this chassis modification for the SL rollcage is now standard on new chassis, so who is right? Do I have to pay... or not?

Thanks in advance.

Stéphane.

I have just fitted a SLR cage to a standard Roadsport chassis and can confirm the required threaded bushes are present. I am not sure when the factory or Arch started installing these from standard though. My chassis is a 98yr model chassis shipped new in December of 2001.

Hope this helps.

David