Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Adding VVC to an EU3 K Series Engine Wiring Loom - A Detailed Guide

revilla

A number of people have asked me about converting a standard Caterham K Series EU3 wiring loom for use with a VVC 160 engine.

I've recently done this for somebody and written up a detailed guide with pictures which Shaun has kindly uploaded here: https://www.lotus7.club/guides/how-guides/adding-vvc-eu3-k-series-engine-wiring-loom

At the moment there are a few formatting issues with the way it is displayed on the site. In particular the wiring diagram images have been reduced in size to the point where some of the text is unreadable and a lot of the images have their aspect ratios distorted. If you right click an image and select "Open in New Tab" or similar the image is displayed much better.

I will try to convert it all to a downloadable PDF file shortly.

Hope somebody finds it useful.

I'll certainly find this useful, thank you.

I have a spare EU3 loom which I still haven't got round to converting.  I was going to convert the loom I removed from the donor MGZR but that would be a lot more work than this.

Thanks

Gary

Good bit of info there.

I'm doing similar but the opposite. I have a EU3 VVC loom but want to run it on a normal engine. I only have to add in a power to the cam sensor and tie the VVC actuator wiring out of the way though!

I've had it for years. Never got round to doing anything with it. I could never find anyone willing to sell a eu3 normal loom so got this, as at the time they were out of favour as everyone was going emerald on a eu2 loom.

Simon, unless i've misunderstood I think we may be able to save each other some work here,

As per 2nd post, I have a Caterham EU3 non-vvc loom that i need to add the vvc bits to.  

is your loom a Caterham EU3 vvc? If so I'm happy to swap.

Cheers

Gary