Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Apollo tank fitment

Alan Archer

So, am I correct in thinking you fitted the sandwich plate so that the connections were at the bottom instead of the top or were they at the top as standard and just routing was different. Standard length hoses?

Alan: There is a very good guide somewhere here by John Vine that was originally printed in Low Flying. I thought it was in the 'guides' section but can't find it, I'm sure someone will be along who knows it's location.

Literally just completed the installation in a metric S3. To avoid taking the alternator in and out, make sure you remove enough of the engine block web to allow the sandwich plate and hoses to clear the alternator body, i.e rotate plate and hoses towards the block. I routed the hoses through the alternator belt and because the Apollo locates on the centre line of the chassis the hoses are not as contorted as with an imperial chassis setup. I have the CC workshop fitting instructions for the metric chassis if you want a copy, BM me or for any other guidance.

Bill

I took delivery of an Apollo kit last week so had a poke around at the weekend. It was missing the little yellow sponge that goes under the cam cover but Caterham popped that in the post.

The instructions in the build manual neglect to mention you need to drill a hole in the cam cover to fit the small braided hose from the top of the Apollo.

Any one know what size drill & tap you need?

Thanks,

Roger