Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Email Address Updates

shn7

I recently changed the email address in my profile page but was then disappointed to find my AR still emailing on my old address.

Sam (memsec) has confirmed that the AR Mailing list doesn't get update as a result of profile updates.

I can't think of a good reason why this is not done so could we have an update that means either:

1. Updates by members to their online profile contact details are automatically fed into the memsec/AR systems

or

2. A regular daily/weekly report of changes my to profiles is run to allow a manual update to the memsec/AR systems?

If necessary some text can be added to the profile update page to indicate the information will be passed through to the other club systems.

Failing the above

3. can something be added to the profile update page to highlight the need to inform memsec separately?

Without one of these options I imagine it's quite possible for memsec/AR's to loose contact with members.

Thanks.

Steve.

• Area Representative

Steve

Thank you.

Christine has talked to the company who created the secure database and we can do a lot more with it, so this should link through in the future. Our caution was due to the Data Protection Act and insufficient knowledge of the secure system's functions (the latter is being addressed).

It surprised me that when I updated my Area page, editing the visible e-mail adress had to be done separately from the underlying address, so for a long time although the page showed the new .club address, a click through created a mail to the lotius7club.com address. Other ARs found the same issue.