Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sold out, done and dusted! Silverstone GP Circuit - Track Day on Monday 27th March

Shortshift

What a great day. Thank you to the organisers and all the other drivers. It was my first time at Silverstone, so to have a foggy first session, AND a misting visor (I thought it was very foggy for a while, then it clicked...) it was a baptism by grey fire. The track is grey, the sky is grey and the inside of my helmet is grey. At least I knew if I was seeing green bits, I was going wrong...

But that aside, it was a really well run day, in challenging morning conditions. The communication to drivers by the team was excellent, manners were really good and as result we had very few delays during the day and got a lot of track time.

The atmosphere in garage 7 was great - lots of chat, car comparisons, with a CSR 260, a couple of 620Rs, a Superlight and some more 'normal' cars too!

And boy oh boy, did LE60 CAT come up fast in the mirrors!

A cracking day out!

Jimh

Does anyone know if the photographs are available to buy online?

At the briefing, mention was made of the Silverstone photographer who would be selling photos, I don't know if this was just on the day or retrospectively, however, I took loads of photos which I have yet to check, I will put any that are half decent on 'Flickr' and post a link to which you are free to download!

I believe this was the official photographer - http://www.xtreme-sports-photography.com/ though it's not clear if there will be  gallery to peruse on their website or facebook. Perhaps our TD chaps have some info?

ETA - I emailed with my car info as suggested on their website and got some proofs back within a couple of hours. Impressed with that turnaround.

Had a fantastic day also. Thanks to James, and everyone involved in arranging the day. Met some great people, loved the 620r, and loved driving my own car at this great track.  Am signing up for the next day now! Xtreme photography chap will have some good pics. I have mine and they are great.  Would share but being told that the file size is too big.