Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Bits falling off!

F355GTS

I'm having a bit of a run on bits falling off my SLR, today it was the turn of the bolt/ spacer? that holds the Alternator slide to the block followed by the Alternator belt that made a very good attempt to get in the cambelt cover like Mr Carmichael's!. I did a temporary fix with a new belt and bits from the toolkit plus a couple of bits nicked from A****star who happened to be there testing.

The question is the guy from A****star said there was an o-ring behind the spacer to reduce vibration, however since the temporary repair I'm getting oil weeping from the bolt hole in the block....... is the o-ring there to seal because the bolt hole goes through to the crankcase? or have I suffered terminal block damage?

Mark

Peter

Havn't looked yet but will be doing before running it again. I'm pretty sure the oil is coming from this mounting hole? if not the only thing I can think of is the crankshaft oil seal. possibly damaged by belt strands?

Time to have a bit of a stripdown tonight I think

btw The map worked well with nice steady idle and clean pull, loads of mid range torque but a bit unwilling to pull beyond 7.5k revs in 4th and above

Mark

Dave

it does indeed have an o-ring as I discovered when I bought a replacement yesterday from a Rover dealer, they said it was there to temporarily hold the spacer to the back of the slide when fitting as it's a bit of a git to fit without

Mark