Click here if you are having website access problems ×

MBE 956F shift light? OR which bolt on one?

stevefoster

Yes it does.

Its the same driver as the fule pump drive, so if you use ECU derived fuel pump supply you cannot have a shift light.

I can't remember where it is in the menu's but search and you will find it.

Call a doctor, quick.... Present activities are not a good sign......

Steve

If you're into electronic circuit building, or know someone who is, I have a circuit I designed for a shift light which can be set to any rpm. I designed it for my new SV only to discover it has one already fitted in the tacho. All those late nights wasted!!

If you want it, email me your address and I'll gladly send it.

1.8K SV 140hp see it here

It's not that odd, you have a limited number of inputs / outputs on this ECU if only because of the plug used but also to keep the price down.

Both fuel pump, on for 3 secs under 750 rpm then off unless more than 750 rpm or similar, and shift light are closely related, on if >X,000 rpm, in that they are on or off depending on revs. Given the limit on inputs and outputs and the use for road cars (need the fuel pump cut-off for safety but not the shift light) and race cars (need the shift light but not too fussed about fuel cut-off) it seems a sensible bit of rationalisation. The alternative would have been to force everyone to have one of them rather than a choice.

The next level up ECU, the 941, has both as it costs a lot more and also has a bigger plug with more pins. I think the newer version of the 956, the 967, also has both as it also uses a newer plug which fits more pins into the same size.

Graham, The 941 & 967 are the low cost ECUs!! Thats why they are made of plastic !!!

Like everything hi tech the neweest version come with 99 useless features you don't really need however.....

Call a doctor, quick.... Present activities are not a good sign......

Arnie - The 941 is the huge ECU which is metal, the 903, 912, 956 are small and metal, the 967 is a dinky small plastic box.

Steve - My easimap is set up for the 941. If I go Data - Get Data then I've got a folder called Engine Speed Setup and Rev Limiters, second one down. It may be that the set-up for 956 is different. Also depending on how much access your supplier wants to give you Options - Select User Profile can take you from Basic thro Intermediate and Advanced to Master. Depending on which access level you've got more and more set-up options appear in Data - Get Data.

More questions.

Mine Easimap is also set up for the 941. BUT I would like to change it to the 956 set up.

Is this possible?

Also my pin 14 (grey wire) runs to the relay and gives 0V until the relay has clicked out (fuel pump stops) and then gives +12V?

Seems strange. Can you shed light on how this works.

I assume that until I reconfigure the map to tell the ECU that pin 14 is not the fuel pump driver I am nowhere?

Any more help much appreciated and gratefully received.

My racing pics, 7 DIY, race prep. Updated often here

Photo's of the year here

Hants (North) and Berkshire Area club site here