Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Beverley IVA Test Station

ICJason

Hi Guys,

As I now have a running & driving Caterham I've filled in the IVA test paperwork apart from the box to choose where it gets tested. Wondering if anyone on here has any experience with Beverley as it's only 40 miles from me?

Need to get it sent off soon as i'm intending a 1st March Registration!

Cheers

Jason

Hi Jason 

My paperwork was sent first week in October, and my test is this Thursday.   I am not sure how much the Christmas break effected my timelines, but what I am trying to say is don't set deadlines unless you like the sound they make as they rush by.

Speak to Caterham, each centre has it's own quirks and you will need their help with presenting the car, depending on your cars spec.    My car for example is having the brake pedal, exhaust and steering column / wheel changed tomorrow in readiness for my local centre.   Also some of the trims I put on based on build blogs where removed because they are not needed at my local centre during my PBC.    

IVA appears to be a black art, one which I don't think is passable without Caterhams help. 

Chris.

Cheers Chris,

Not fixed down to a date but would be nice to register in March for the new 17s. Paperwork goes off today special delivery so hopefully they're speeding through after Christmas...!

Caterham have no experience with my local station so i'm just going to chance it. Worst case is that it fails and I have to pay £90 and wait. Hoping that a boot full of tools, trim and a nice attitude to the tester should be enough. Found a chat full of Locosts/Westfields that had passed there no issue and people commenting that they were allowed to make adjustments so we shall see!

Jason