Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fixing bolt

Paul_Hedley

Can anyone tell me where I might get replacements/equivalents for this?IMG_20170103_084714.jpg.a4405143abe8935c61b90eb2de9452fb.jpg

It's the headlight fixing/adjusting mechanism on my 21, which is a double ended bolt with a screwdriver slot on one end, and a groove just short of the other, and a threaded captive part which was fitted through a hole in the fibreglass panel.

I need to replace at least two of these was one of my headlights was down to 1 out of 3 fixings, and have had to cut one off that had siezed completely.  I've done a bit of googling, but clearly haven't found the right search terms.

Thanks

Paul

Same thoughts as gulf 1.

What's the thread size, are both threads right-handed and what does the groove do?

A threaded receiver a bit like that is used on the fork crown of some human-powered bikes to hold the brake pivot and/or front mudguard. 

Email Darren at Caterham Parts (Darren.Phillips@caterham.com) and 'phone Redline?

Jonathan

Thread looks to be M6 and its a continuous thread all the way down.  The groove sits in the headlight rim (where there would normally be a screw head) to allow the alignment of the light to be adjusted from the back - there are two such bolts per light, one at the top to allow the up/down adjust, and one on the left for the lateral aim.  On the 21, as I suspect you know, the headlight covers are bonded on to the front, so there is no access to the light unit itself, or the normal adjustment means when this standard light is fitted to a Land Rover etc.

I'll try emailing Darren, and failing that, try to make up a replacement with a dremel.

Thanks

Paul