Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wanted: Alan Fearnley 'Auberge' and 'Freedom' prints

C7GCS

I am interested in one of the limited edition Alan Fearnley / Chris Rea Caterham prints if anyone spots one for sale framed or otherwise, please point me in the right direction of a gallery selling them.  Thanks in advance

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Sorry to p*ss on your chips boys, but I have the original Freedom painting 'won' in the club raffle and presented to me at the 2006 Silverstone Classic. And there is absolutely no way I am parting with it!

I wrote to Alan Fearnley soon after the presentation and received a lovely fax from him via his agent. At the same time, and occasionally up to last time last year - but no more - I have tried to get a comment from Chris Rea. Nothing from Chris though.

I seem to remember an interview with Derek Bell in LF who (I think) has the original of Auberge. 

Col

Yup, I spoke to Derek for that interview Colin and it was his son Justin (himself an accomplished sports car racer et al) who drove the car and Alan then created the painting based on that real life drive. A stylised version of Justin is in Alan Fearnley's painting (look carefully and you can see the similarities - although the subject of the pic is the car not its driver) and DB has the original in his home - think he said it was upstairs or in his study as we spoke over the phone.

Enjoy your original - great painting and a great artist IMHO.

Andy