Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Weber 40DCOEs - update only 2 left

OliverSedlacek

Both pairs and manifold now sold.

Having converted to fuel injection (grisly details on https://www.facebook.com/CaterhamX300/ if interested) I'm selling my entire collection of 40DCOE carbs and bits. There are six carbs in total, plus K&N air filters, a manifold for a Ford XFlow and a bunch of bits. Cherry pick by buying early or pick up the unwanted bits for a snip.

The carbs are also up for sale on Facebook where you can see the pictures. I'm considering a 7 club members discount because that's what a club is for.

Sold - Two carbs are a pair of Type 151 Spanish made carbs. They are the ones shown on the manifold and with the K&N filters with carbon lids. They were running on the car before the conversion to fuel injection. Note are that I removed the cold start levers but could supply them if wanted. The trumpets (AKA horns) are wide aftermarket items that needed 'adjustment' to make them fit inside the K&N filters. They are shown with the Caterham throttle linkage and a linking bracket to stop them going out of balance. They could probably do with a minor overhaul.

Sold - The second pair are a pair of Italian made Type 32s. They were on the car before I replaced them with the newer Type 151s. The Italian made carbs are generally better than the Spanish ones, but this pair do need a full overhaul.

Next up is a single Type 4 carb. I can't tell you much about it's condition because I've had it in the back of a cupboard and I can't remember how I acquired it. I've never run it.

The remaining carb is a Type 18. This is unusual type because they aren't supplied with the air hole for the idle air circuit drilled through to the air filter. Weber made them for an installation where they were run with a spacer to let them draw air in under the top cover. This one has been subsequently drilled so that you don't need the special castellated spacer. As per the pictures, it is not complete.

There are also two K&N housings, two covers and one element.

There are too many jets in the pile of bits to list.

£150 +P&P would secure the remaining bits.

If you've read this far you probably have some questions, so please ask.