Click here if you are having website access problems ×

SV Dimensions

graemesmith

Got a 270 SV kit arriving at the end of January and am looking at trailers.  Ideally I'd like to put the trailer in the garage with the Caterham on it - once its built of course.

The only dimensions I can find online state a width for the SV of 1685mm.  Can anyone confirm that this is the max width measured from the edge of the mudguards?

The only trailers that I can source that will fit past the garage doors have bed widths of 1680mm.  I'm getting the 15inch wheels so I'm hoping the distance between the outside edges of the wheels is less than 1680mm.

I could wait until I build it and then measure it myself but then I can't buy a trailer until its nearly finished and the wife might have started to object to the large amounts of cash disappearing from the bank account by then!

• 1 month later...

In the end I went form an Ifor Williams CT136HD.  Totally over the top for a Caterham but it fitted in the converted vegetable patch and with the addition of the centre plates I can use it for all sorts of things as well as the 7.

Already had 700kg of Slabs and 900kg of topsoil on it.  Great fun.