Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Superb R300 For Sale

lucky chap

05-01-17 update, now up for sale on EBay http://ebay.eu/2jbnHHH

With our house move now on the cards for the coming months, I'm reluctantly considering selling my superb R300! 

Built in 2003 and owned for the last 3 years, I've covered around 7000 miles in it and enjoyed every minute.
The 48,000 miles on it are testament to the car's performance and reliability, the last owner having travelled all over Europe in it.

In immaculate condition and with staggering performance. 

In 2014, the car underwent a professional rebuild. Resprayed in a stunning Porsche sapphire blue metallic finish, with silver tipped nose cone and colour matched wheels.

The factory R300 engine has been professionally upgraded by Ministers, with the head ported and a lot of work undertaken to install a one-off full titanium Yoshimura exhaust system. Not only this it a rapid R300, but it's engine barbels like no other, making it quite the head turner.

In my ownership the car has also been fitted with new carpets, new brake disks/pads, full suspension, and tyres all round. Since the last service I've also had fitted a new petrol tank, upgraded to the new style filler system, new lightweight battery and purchased a new R300 air filter.

A very loud car but with very well set up suspension and velour Caterham seats, these offer a very refined experience for such an amazing little sports car, and make for an extremely comfortable ride on long distance runs.

Creature comforts!
* Doors (with optional leather armrests),

* Summer half hood

* Full weather equipment, frame and full hood

* Heater

* Heated windscreen

Tech Spec:
It of course has all the R300 optional extras, as well as a few new additions:

* 6 speed gearbox,

* LSD, 

* Carbon fibre cycle wings

* Anti-Cavitation tank, 

* Widetrack Front Wishbones, 

* Adjustable Suspension, 

* De-Dion Rear Suspension with Watts-Linkage,

* Aces Gear Change-Up Lights,

* Illuminated Start Button, 

* Emergency Kill Switch, 

* Mechanical oil pressure gauge

* 12v socket installed within the carbon dash,

* MOMO quick release steering wheel,

Complete with handbook and receipts, as well as service history. I also have 2 master keys, 2 tank keys, and 2 immobiliser fobs.

A personalised number plate R300 RDN is currently fitted and is available by negotiation if required. So too a custom indoor car cover, specifically designed for the Superlight series 7s.

Available for viewing in the Bromley, BR1 area most days. 

All offers welcome.

Mark, 079 2000 1965

15.JPG.b4c0e8933af6e4892514815a140a4a3a.JPG

Well perhaps not exactly sure I want to, or will,, but certainly considering it!

it's been a great couple of years In the club but Naomi and I are making a pretty serious house move in the new year, unfortunately there is no form of garage or a driveway with the new place, just land (although this has some kind of historical importance) so we need get planning permission before I can do anything to it and get there the cars on it). In the mean time I don't want the car out on the street so would rather someone else look after it properly.

If I do sell the car then I'm sure to be back in the club in the not to distant future, I love my Caterham but I know there will be other nice examples to choose from next time around.

i'm certain we'll attend a few club meets during the year, and keep in touch with everyone whatever happens. Zach is now too in love with the cars for us not to keep up with the events, and I'm sure Theo won't be far behind!

Hope to see you soon Ian.

• 4 weeks later...