Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Wishbone/Link Failure

Mark H

I have a 7 in the workshop at the moment that came in for routine work, But i have discovered that the 7 in question has a broken wishbone link.

The failure is next to the weld adjacent to the rollbar socket . The 7 is a live axle car with the oridginal cast link and a fabricated forward wishbone arm.

I do have pictures but no idea how to put them up here *confused*. So if anyone would like me to e,mail them please feel free to get in touch.

Mark, Anglia sevens

flares n, flames

I noticed a crack adjacent to the weld on the lower trunion mounting position of the wishbone of my last 7(85 vintage) so that is also one to look out for. It was easily fixed with a careful re weld. As I was not the only owner who can say if it was fatigue or impact damage

Where exactly are you Mark? I was in Long Straton last week and if I'd found you would loved to have wasted some of your time!

See My Zetec Power 7 Here

Posted - 16 February 2003 16:14

IP logged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steve ,the workshop is on Picton rd.

From the high street, turn in to Swan lane (next to the Angel pub) follow this road out of the village(past the schools on the left, south norfolk council on the right) continue until the first turning Right (Picton rd.) about a 1/4 mile down there on the left is Picton farm my workshop is right in the middle of the yard.

The coffee is always on

*wink* *thumbup*

flares n, flames