Click here if you are having website access problems ×

***Catastrophic Throttle Pedal Faliure***

mav

A friend of mine has today experienced a Catastrophic faliure of the throttle pedal (on his 7) about 1 inch below the pivot point. The Car is just over a Year old - Please check your pedals. Hw will be speaking to Aftersales on Monday Morning. A follow up posting will be made.

Has anyone else experienced this?

The pedal stop or throtle cable stop on the injection end

As if the pedal can go to the bulkhead when no cable fitted then the cable or linkage at the engine end or the peadle has to take the strain and in this case the peadle snapped.

As my car is a Westfield with floor peadles and home made clutch and throtle peadle from alloy i spent a lot of time setting them both up with the stops and cable adjusters [tommorow it will brake]

Paul.

See My Car Here

This has happened to me. Unfortunately it was at Curborough as I slammed the pedal down after changing to 4th on the home straight for the final run. It actually felt like the cable had snapped, as the pedal vanished under my foot, but the throttle was still wide open, the pedal holding together by a sliver of metal. A bit of a brown trouser moment so I took my foot off to give myself more time to get the ignition off if this was the case, but the car just slowed and I crossed the line on a trailing throttle. Bit annoying to say the least.

The car was about 18 months old, and I know someone else who's had this too.

Jon

Edited by - jonhill on 18 Feb 2003 13:16:43