Click here if you are having website access problems ×

2006 K-series 1.8 (180+ BHP) SV for sale

HeMan

Unfortunately, due to a pending house move, I am thinking I will need to sell my 7 :o(

It is a blue with silver stripe 2006 SV Roadsport with a 1.8 K-series with 5-speed gearbox and LSD with just over 22,000 miles on the clock.

It has been through the DVA workshop and now puts out over 180BHP.  Back at the end of last year I had a Powespeed 4-2-1 fitted and had it re-mapped to improve torque.  It has also been through the DPR Motorsport workshop for a flat-floor setup.

Lowered drivers floor, full weather kit and tonneau cover, easy seatbelt-style clasp 4-point harness, leather seats, heater, service history, Momo quick release steering wheel, heated windscreen, battery cut off switch, carpeted interior, 12v socket, lots of receipts and documents, both sets of keys, spare wheel, Apollo cavitation tank and lots of nice upgrades due to the DVA tuning.

I have always looked after it, kept it garaged and had it regularly serviced and repaired if anything needed doing, so it is in perfect condition.

In my view, it is the ultimate road-spec car and looks stunning.

As much as it pains me to say it, for £21,000, would anyone be interested?  I am located in Lightwater, Surrey (just off J3 of the M3 at GU18) if anyone would like to view it?

DSC02797.jpg.8923a9633bd94444b39816fbd5b31135.jpgDSC02804.jpg.da5f71ccc5146550cba4b6c96b2c6e70.jpgDSC02805.jpg.523054e12c9a9028e884f18f6bd0ae36.jpgDSC02808.jpg.e7ba4325133680e135794c4c3f6a7369.jpgDSC02809.jpg.0543d35a949ed24903e04c171f82db9a.jpgDSC02812.jpg.3d228434e6f6ff060c376404fffeda2c.jpgDSC02828.jpg.aa19bf13da950ee57cf923cea286a8a0.jpg

Hi, i could be interested, i am looking for my first 7. I think that i want an SV for useability and being able to drive it wearing normal shoes .

BUT - i am looking at the power and wondering whether it is too powerful for me and also what could i get as mpg for a tour or steady run please? - i can work out the rest from there.

I want it for 3 season use to make commuting across the pennines more enjoyable for the next 5 years and to liven up driving trip to visit people or go climbing.

Regards Richard

Hello,

Well the good thing about the pedals is that they are adjustable to suit, with nothing but a few spanners and a screwdriver.  It only takes 10 minutes, but by the time you add in a few test drives and minor adjustments back and forth you will have probably eaten up an hour or so.  But what a difference it makes to the driving experience (especially if you have a heel-n-toe style you want to accommodate). Not many cars can offer that level of flexibility so easily!

I have logged fill-ups and millage, so can see that I often made 33+ MPG out of a tank, but bearing in mind I generally only drive the car if I was "our for a blat" (and too be honest, it's the sort of car that encourages you to drive that way even if you aren't) I am sure you could probably do better with a more moderate right-foot! *smile* And again, there are few cars that will deliver that sort of performance while delivering 33mpg, but that's the benefit of weighing so little (and that benefit also delivers on tyre and brake life too).

As for the power, definitely not too powerful!  Sevens, even the most lowly powered, need to be driven with a respect that cars with ABS, traction control etc. often don't need.  But as long as you give it that respect, it will only ever go as fast and deliver as much of that power as your right-foot asks of it.  This was my first 7 too and when I first got it the thought of 300bhptone does sound a lot, but I had hired a 1.6 for a long weekend not long before and that taught me that the car is so confidence inspiring, so accurate a machine, that in the dry on a nice day, you could very quickly find yourself happily enjoying all the car had to offer.  I knew from that hire car that the 1.6 would very soon be outgrown.  And indeed, after three years of owning mine I found myself looking to increase the torque (hence the 4-2-1 upgrade I did last year) so if you want to keep it for five years, I would have no hesitation in recommending mine.

Are you local?

Hi, am I right in reading this that you managed to adjust the pedals for heel-n-toe? I want to do that with my SV but have not come close.

Have you got to the limit of positions and adjustment? Mine was nowhere near where I wanted it after that. Next step is bending the throttle pedal. But that still wasn't enough. So I fitted a mahogany block on the pedal plate. Now it's right. (And this winter the pedal will be cut and shut to the same position thanks to the kind offers of a couple of generous Members.)

Jonathan

Hello,

Yeah, got it perfect (for me anyway).  Why are you struggling to get it right?  I found it is hard to do by eye, you need to go out for a test drive, as you need the brake to be near the accelerator when braking hard (which you will be when you heel-and-toe) and knowing where the brake pedal is under hard braking is hard to guess without just trying it.

Hello again,

Thanks for all of the info, unfortunately i am not local to you at all but most of the cars are in the South it seems so i will have to make a trip anyway.

Torque sounds good to me for my idea of use. I'm actually in the Yorkshire Dales but i do love the adventure of a trip to collect a vehicle, its a more romantic start to the relationship.

Shame i didn't log on the other week as i flew to Gatwick last week and had a spare half day before the train north.

What is your house timescale please so know how long [or not] i can dither.

Richard

True, true, but you might fall out with the romance roughly about the time you climb aboard your third train of the journey to find there still aren't any seats (or maybe that's just my experience) *confused*

Well the house move is surging forward (if that's the right word to describe the glacial pace of solicitors and banks; but there I go sharing my experiences again! *confused*) so that will happen either way, whether I sell the 7 or not.  But it would take a bit of financial pressure off, save some interest and be one less thing to worry about moving and storing at the new place if I sold her sooner rather than later, certainly before Christmas as the move is supposed to happen in January.

Happy to have a chat by phone if you want to go through any more details?

• 1 month later...