Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Definitive deDion Driveshaft CV boots, Rear Discs & Pads. (part nos)

grumpy the 7th

If it helps in ONE post? I've listed the part numbers and how I did it.

1) CV boot. The drive shaft tripod joints (on a pre 2002 S3 car) are NOT accessible/repairable. (Darren at CC) So the only way to replace a torn boot is for stretchy boots. (or £270 + postage)

Bailcast Duraboot DBC800 just fits, however their DBSR100 may be a better fit when cut to diameter (same material so same grease properties) Cheaper at my local motor factors than from Duraboot direct.

2) Discs, James Paddock Triumph ltd - Part number - 208715

3) Pads Sold by Amazon EU S.a.r.L. Part - Delphi 507 (has Delphi 507CC on the backs)

caveat *Other suppliers are also out there

Tips.

Removal. I marked the alignment of the big nut and shaft with a centre punch as a reference marker before I took them apart with my brand spanking new 1 metre long 3/4 drive breaker bar and 41 mm socket.

Replacement. I used a mild steel flat bar with 2x 15/16 holes at 3" centre, this was placed vertically over two hub bolts (on the side that'll stop the hub turning) and nipped it in place with 2 wheel nuts, handbrake applied "manfully". The length of this bar JUST touching the floor. (lower the car or pack under the bar until this happens) You need it vertical to counteract the downwards pressure of turning the nut with no chance of the disc rotating (or bending the bar like my first attempt did!!), the bar simply digs into the ground and theres no chance of lifting the car) With a normal torque wrench to 110' lbs used until the click it showed the nut to be about 25 degrees before the shaft dot. With duditious easing on my new *big* bar until I felt it would go no more! This showed the nut dot to be about 15/20 degrees AFTER the shaft dot. (I'm happy that my nuts are tight!) 

Hope this saves searching different threads for different parts and my tip is of use? time for a coffee.