Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Battery Isolator

will_2111

Hi,

I'm sure we've all suffered with the 'dead battery-isis' after returning to the car after it not being used for a while.

I wondered if anyone has used anything similar to the below to resolve this problem?

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/battery-isolators-master-switches/richbrook-discarnect-immobiliser

Would using something like this cause any issues with the car?

Thanks

It might not fit to the battery terminal post ? For the same price you can buy a simple battery isolator switch. I fitted mine to the bulkhead in front of the passenger knees. Switch accessible from driver seat ... But out of sight. Screw terminals in engine bay near to battery.

My immobiliser was draining my battery over just a couple of weeks of no use.

I have fitted a battery isolator (an eBay version of this for from memory ~£18 including spare keys; can advise on wiring if required but there's plenty of info about).  Like Ian/SM25T, it's on the inside of the passenger bulkhead.

When not in use, I switch it off to isolate all the electrics so there is no drain but I also have a C-Tek MXS 5 (superb but buy the extension lead too) to use separately - so best of both worlds / covering the options that JK was suggesting.

A thief would usually have to move the 911, get into the garage, find the master key and then circumnavigate the immobiliser...  I think the car's safe!