Click here if you are having website access problems ×

cycle wings

davidm

I might be one of those hopeless owners that can not claim to have built there one Caterham, but I can do a good job of polishing the exhaust!!

I have an early Superlight, fitted with cycle wings, 13" standard fitted alloys large caliper brakes and Pirelli 195x55 tyres.

My problem is that I have alot of trouble getting the front wheels off. There is no room between the cycle wing and the tyre and any movement is restricted by the brakes!

Help!!

Sounds to me that you might have a non-standard cycle wing bracket. Some people (like me) make there own as the Caterham ones are heavy and leave too large a gap between the tyre and the wing. Two alternatives, compare it to another Car with standard ones to see if they are indeed one off's. If so either replace them with the correct Caterham part or secondly do what I did. take a sander (preferably a belt sander for speed) and remove some material from the bottom lip of the outside of the wing. I had to remove about 1/2 inch. It didn't look too bad afterwards. I suspect the first option is preferable.