Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Bargain Clio *REDUCED TO £195*

Lurk

Family workhorse being sold. Reduced price as the alternator has just gone. If no - ones takes it I'll get it fixed, cleaned up and MOT'd and re-advertise at a higher cost (it was due to be sold next month anyway).

Photos are here:

clio  (note bonnet shuts fine, it was half open in the photos as the trickle charger was plugged in)

Bad bits:

- It's a bit tatty, gear lever gator loose, one fog light bulb and cover smashed and a gafer-tape wing mirror cover. (as per photos)

- Also broken alternator as per above. The car broke down on M25, recovery identified the problem and after a night on the trickle charger she's running again.

- Currently on a very old spare tyre, after recent blow-out.

- Mileage around £115k (I'll check)

-Bodywork as expected for a car this age

Good bits:

- Mechanically sound, vast majority of miles on motorway

- It's been owned by two members of the Lotus 7 club so I know its full history

- Cambelt only changed a couple of years ago so plenty of life in it

- Included in price are a set of 4 winter tyres with plenty of tread left

- Currently on 3 Pirellis with plenty of tread left (plus rock-hard spare tyre that is probably as old as the car)

- 1.4, blue, 3 door fun to drive for what it is

- fully loaded (for the time): working aircon, CD player, audio controls on steering wheel, auto lights and windscreen wipers

- All the paper work, two sets of keys.

- 6 Months MOT

thanks,

Mat

• 3 weeks later...

- so having looked on Autotrader (and having discovered our local garage has shut so I don't have a garage I can rely on to cheaply replace the alternator) price reduced to £195.  

Car is in Epping (Essex) btw and will happily run for a decent time with the battery topped up from the trickle charger (ie you can drive it home if you're local!)

Tyres alone must be worth >£50

Will be advertising on autotrader once I've had a chance to clean it and take better photos.

Any takers?