Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Changing seat belts

Neilnorman38

Hi,

I have asked a couple of questions on the site before and a a 7 newbee I have found the responses really helpfull

So, in the spirit that no question is a stupid question please can you help me with the following:

- I have a 120 classic SV 2011 with. K series engine. It has inertia belts which I am going to replace with a harness belts. I need to know whether the classic is fitted with the mounting points for a harness when it was built or will these need to be created? If the mounting points are fitted how do I access them? 

Thanks in advance.

neil

Yes, they should all be in place.

Have you decided which harness you'd like?

Do you want to fit a crotch strap as well as a four point harness?

You can get the straps made to tighten either way. (I prefer my lap straps to pull away from the buckle.)

The Assembly Guide has the instructions: do you have one already? If not please send me a Private Message with your email address.

Jonathan

The shoulder strap points are in the top rail behind the seats / front of the boot area. It's quite likely that these will be obscured by the leading edge of the boot cover and a little cutting may be required.

The lap belt mounts are easiest (by far!) to see if you take the seats out, although you *might* be able to access them without, depending on how far you can slide each seat forward. I'm not certain but it's possible (likely?) that these are the same mount points that the inertia belt mounts to.

Here's a 2014 assembly guide, you want page 157. Yes, it's post-K, but the words and pictures in the relevant section are identical to those in my K-series guide, with the exception of some aspects of the 6-point mountings which you may not be doing anyway:

https://www.lotus7.club/sites/default/files/images/Docs/Guides/guide.pdf

Edit: And with a little more googling, the K-series version, in which you'll want section 7, page 6 (about half way through the guide):

http://www.lotus-super7.com/stock/Assembly%20Guide.pdf