Click here if you are having website access problems ×

- Caterham R400 S3

kristianbs

Hi all,

I'm new to the club and am looking to purchase my first Caterham. I have my heart set on an R400 S3 body (ideally lowered floors, 6 spd, and Roller Barrel 220hp upgrade, but appreciate that's a little specific so willing to compromise/add later!). I'm in no particular rush and am willing to wait until Feb/March to find the right car.

Please let me know if you have any leads or are thinking of selling. Looking forward to the meets and track days ... once i have a car to arrive in that is!

Thanks

Kristian

Hi, well originally my limit would be 30k, but would be willing to stretch a little further If the perfect one came along. Does that sound reasonable? Unfortunately I just missed out on a 2008 model with above spec this weekend that sold for just under 30.

You could get a CSR 200 for that money or less, same dimensions as rhe SV, but with better suspension and bigger, torquier engine, or even the 260bhp engined CSR?  I know of a 2009 CSR 200 with low miles that has just sold for that sort of money.  Bigger than a S3 admittedly, but with useful room and a bigger fuel tank.

BTW, welcome to the club and potential Seven ownership, prepare for the rest of your life to be changed - in a good way of course.

Hi Paul, thanks for the comment. Yes the CSR is certainly an option, but they are hard to come by it seems. I've had a great response so far from members and am planning on viewing a couple this weekend ... so hopefully I'll be an owner rather than dreamer in the not to distant future! 

Kristian,

There will always be debate within the 7 club over models/spec/colour of cars, thats half the fun!

However, having recently got a S3 R400 with roller barrels, they are bonkers fun and I promise you you will not regret it.

Cheers

Nick