Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Pagid RS15 front pads wanted

Shortshift

James

I have a set, obviously 2nd hand, but very little use with 10mm material left on all four pads.

The part number I have on my Pagid invoice is CP2340 D51 16mm T.

These pads are wider (51mm) than the CC supplied originals and are swept by more of the disk surface, i.e. the inside edge of the pad is closer to the centre of the disk. I had my disks skimmed before fitting to ensure a true and flat surface.

Let me know if any good.

Paul

Hi James

hard to be sure because I used them so little but I think it was probably just one season of speed events, i.e. very few miles.  Unfortunately I can't find the invoice for the replacements so can't be absolutely sure how long they were in use.  They do look in excellent condition though.  I'll try and add some photos tomorrow.

Paul

• Leadership Team

Thanks Paul - a photo might be the easiest way to confirm the shape.  Searching online for fitment details is proving to be a bit challenging but I know that the (Caterham) AP calipers I have are from their CP7600 range.

James

• Leadership Team

Many thanks Paul - but, unfortunately, they are a significantly different shape from my existing pads. 

Actually, some more internet digging (which may be of use for others in the future) suggests that there have been three generations of AP 4-pot calipers used in Caterhams. 

Your pads, pictured above, are for a previous AP 4-pot caliper (probably used by Caterham in the 2002 to 2011-ish era) based on the AP CP2340 caliper family.  Seems that my calipers are from the more recent CP7600 family which, as far as I can see, has been current since around 2012.  Then there were what used to be called the 'old' AP 4-pots which, I think, must have predated the CP2340's and been in use up to 2002 or thereabouts.

Anyway, thanks for the offer and for the pictures but I guess I must continue looking.

James

Hi James

that's a shame and I'm sorry I couldn't help.  If anyone else wants them please Blatmail me.

I knew there were several iterations of the 4-pots and I can't exactly remember when I bought mine.  It must be in the late 90's as I built the car in 1995 and drove with the standard brakes for several years before I changed.  I bought the Pagids in 2006 (blimey, that's 10 years ago *eek* )

I hope you have some luck finding some RS15s for yours.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
  • Leadership Team

Thanks for sending the pictures Dave but, as per my BM back to you, I think your pads are RS14 and not the RS15 compound that I'm looking for.  Appreciate you making contact and sending the images.

The search continues...

James

• 4 weeks later...

Hi James,

you may want to consider having a set of your existing pads remanufactured with a similar material to RS15, if you have a chat with Carbotech. Tim is very knowledgeable about friction material, and gives an excellent service *thumb_up*