Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Class record like Brexit?

david nelson

Is this like Brexit?

A vote happened and it was agreed to use the 2016 times from 2017. Now we are voting on it again.

How can we use historic records when 

1: tyres have changed

2: Some records are held by cars that are now outside the current regs. In class 2/3 some records are from cars who had 157.1 bhp @ 7,550 RPM 123.2 lb ft or 163.2 BHP @ 7,600 RPM 122.9 lb ft.

3: There is no tyre warming

Class Records
Class Records are currently not used for scoring purposes, other than the Curborough record for the overall championship final tie break.
It was voted in 2015 that the class records were not to be used for scoring and would be reset to the 2016 fastest times due to starts and tyre changes, this has received a mixed reaction from various competitors,
Our current records have a long standing history, however with changes to specification, tyres & tyre warming there is the perception that these may not be representative and be largely unbreakable. However, it is proposed to leave records as they stand. If records are considered for using in overall championship scoring in future, then they can be rebaselined from 2016 in a few years.
Options to consider :-
 Leave Records using the historical records since 2004
 Reset the records to times set in 2016.

David 

I have to agree with David *yikes* on this one.  In fact it is my reference to Brexit from Friday night and a glass or 2 of vino.

We had a clear vote last year to reset all records largely because of the tyre restructuring and tyre warming.  I do think David also has a point about the re alignment of some cars power outputs.

The records should now be set at this years times and nothing else.

I used to hold a number of Class 5 records (which are still yet to be broken) in a perfectly legal at the time car.  It was a 218bhp K but had sequential and manual paddles.  All those records have been removed and put into another class (6) as thats where that car would now fit.

But they should have stood and then been reset ?  However that would mean almost resetting every year which would be tiresome.

This was a huge change in my opinion.  We had a clear vote (I think the margin was far more than Brexit) and yet we are back voting again on the same thing.  Lets just keep voting until the results suit ?

We also said we would continue with the overall championship being settled on 7 wins + 1 and then + Curbs total score for the 3 years to follow.

I do think there could be room to look at this for next year or perhaps 2018 as I think Chris could pull out say 5 representative events where times have been good in all classes and use those "Records" for next years overall.  Contradicting myself a little I acknowledge but its just a tweak to the overall to make it better and return it faster to a system we know works - which was always the intent.

Mind you then it will be 2019 and all Class 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 will be back on wooden cart wheels *soapbox*

Shaun - I didn't read it that way but if so then thats OK other than I would think it is relevant to just list the records on different pages/pdf for the relevant dates.

Upto a certain date, then after a date as we have done in the past.

The major reset in the past being the exclusion of ACB10's

Can you confirm please Chris.​