Click here if you are having website access problems ×

RK 155 Spec Crossflow for sale...

rgrigsby

Due to a on-going engine upgrade my previous engine is now for sale, this is a complete RK 155 Crossflow (with a few extra bells and whistles) engine including the following bits..

1720cc engine based on a 711M block

Tufftrided crankshaft

Forged pistons

244 camshaft

steel rocker shaft

bronze valve guides

titanium valve retainers

11.4:1 Compression ratio

Dry Sumped (does not include the dry sump tank or plumbing)

Weber DCOE 40's on a Caterham inlet manifold with additional porting

Weber Alpha wasted spark engine management with coil pack

Big valve unleaded head with additional porting

Standard Caterham clutch with an uprated driven plate

Standard Caterham cast iron flywheel

The engine was built in February 2001 by Roger King and fitted to the car by Chris at the Se7ens Workshop, it has been run on Mobile 1 15/50w oil with regular changes and regular visits to the Se7ens workshop for checkups/tuning (just ask Chris I'm one his "regular" customers!!)

The engine has completed around 14/15K miles including a lot of track days and something like 9k miles touring across Europe, It has been drive quickly but it's not been thrashed and bounced of the rev limiter all the time. I always let the oil get up to temperature before extending the revs beyond 3-4K and generally try to look after the engine as it was cost a LOT of money to build in the first place.

That's the good news, the bad news is due to a broken engine mount the block has developed a hairline fracture near one of the core plugs on the lefthand side of the engine. In everyday use it isn't a problem but on track days or when the engine is pushed it "steams" water out. The block has been flushed with a "crack sealant" to seal the crack which has helped but ultimatley it will need further work to be repaired.

Realistically given the miles this engine is due for a refresh, it's running fine and the moment and has consistently performed a lot better than ever anticpitated given the spec. It contains a lot of expensive parts and with appropriate work will provide some one with a seriously quick crossflow. The only reason I haven't stuck with is was due to the temptations of an all steel crossflow which is now waiting to go in the car.

I'm open to offers as I'm not sure how much it's worth, the cost to build was over £4.5k 2 years ago, the engine management alone was around £600+vat and fitting!! (it maybe possible to split into various parts if I can get enough interested people..)

Cheers

Rob G

www.SpeedySeven.com

Edited by - rgrigsby on 13 Feb 2003 09:47:42

Can testify to this engine ( and of course Rob's driving skills ) passing a lot of high spec/high cost K and VX cars.

RK rating of power could be considered conservative as well !

If you have a x-flow block would I am sure make a cheap and v.efficient upgrade, easily completed in-time for spring.

• 3 weeks later...