Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Ital Axle

Duckpit

I am thinking of upgrading my Zetec from 150 to 200 bhp. Will the Ital halfshafts take it ?

I have a quaife LSD, I dont use it on a track but do a couple of sprints and a hill climb each year, so no kerb bashing although I run on 8" slicks

I also have the opportunity to get an axle out of a Triumph 1500 and  out of a TR7 - are they both Ital axles or only the Triumph 1500 ?

Thanks

Nick

I'd suggest talking to James Whiting. Rakeway did/do uprated halfshaft kits for disc braked cars and ISTR did/do an uprated halfshafts for drum braked cars too. I guess though it's all components that come under stress so James may have a view on that too.

Not sure about the Triumphs. From memory the TR7 used a different axle. I used to have a 1500 but that was front wheel drive - so I guess you are looking at the Toledo and small engined Dolomite?

Good luck!

Andy

Ok I have spoken to Rakeway and the kit is still available. But from my conversation the weak points are the diff and the risk of wheels coming off because of the hub fitting. Not the halfshafts.

Now I have a quaife diff so the weak point is the crown wheel ? which has failed some years ago and was replaced with one from a Triumph 2000. So even with the Rakeway kit I still have a point of failure ?

Ok I have spoken to Rakeway and the kit is still available. But from my conversation the weak points are the diff and the risk of wheels coming off because of the hub fitting. Not the halfshafts.

Now I have a quaife diff so the weak point is the crown wheel ? which has failed some years ago and was replaced with one from a Triumph 2000. So even with the Rakeway kit I still have a point of failure ?