Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Replacing rear radius arms...

Nick Bassett

• Area Representative

My rear radius arms are very rusty/scabby, so I took advantage of buying a pair of good s/h ones for my car - they only require a bit of light renovation before fitting. Job for the winter when the car is off the road.

So is the fitting quite straight-forward - i.e. unbolting the existing ones and bolt on the new, or is this a more involved job?

Guessing I'll need to beg/borrow/steal a torque wrench as well? Anyone know the torque setings?

Car is a 94 Super Sport.

Thanks in advance.

Live axle or deDion? Either way my experience is that suspension nuts and bolts invariably rust solid, and getting the f***ers off is the biggest problem. I would source a can of Wurth Rustoff, which I rate as much better than Plusgas, and then a big pot of copper grease for when you put it together. I did also end up making up some spacer tubes so that I could use some big bolts as pullers (or pushers).

• Area Representative

Its DeDion.

Without trying sound totally stupid Paul, how do I tighten up the bolts when the car is at normal ride height, as to do that I would need to refit the wheels and then it is impossible to access the bolts... I think!

Many thanks all *thumbup*