Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Engine change - EU2 to EU3

Cookie Monster

• Area Representative

I did a swap over to EU3 and from what I can remember we had to change the engine wiring loom, immobiliser etc. and also offside engine mount, but the latter was because it was a VVC, other than that a fairly straightforward job.

regards Paul.

• Support Team

H Phil - you have a couple of choices

1. Swap to wasted spark ignition with a single coil pack which will require some minor rewiring - preferred option in my opinion. You might need custom plug leads depending on where you mount the coil pack (when I had a K, I mounted my coil pack on the bulkhead and had Magnecor make up suitable plug leads). If I remember correctly we used the GM coil pack supplied by SBD along with the matching connector.
  2. Drill and tap the back of the block to accept a distributor (requires a drive shaft adding to the end of the camshaft) - Dave Andrews did this for my first modified K.

If you are going to a programmable ECU then an Emerald accepts the EU2 plug - other ECUs might need some rewiring and a new ECU plug. You don't need to rewire much else as the connections to the engine are more or less the same.

Dry sump fitting should be straightforward although the "instructions" require some interpretation :-)

Shaun