Click here if you are having website access problems ×

is there a connection. indicated oil light/speedometer.

RFF

CSR with supercharged engine. This has been almost faultless for 4 years.

The engine was refreshed and new MBE ECU fitted and the obligatory R/R undertaken.

First the speedometer failed (new sender and head unit returned to makers no fault found)

Oil pressure light  flickers at about 7100 rpm then fully illuminated at 7400+.

Both the standard electronic oil pressure gage and the calibrated test gage show 4.5 Bar / 66 psi respectively. 

Is there a link?

Robert.

If there is it's probably a lack of connection. ;-)

Speedometer: which dash and is the sensor on the gearbox or a wheel? (There's a factory notice on improving the earth, and a technique for adjusting the gap.)

Oil pressure warning light: have you found the sender, and do you have a multimeter?

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

Its the sculptured dash and rear wheel driven.

I have followed all the recent techtalk threads and undertaken there suggestions to no avail.

Multimeter is available. My primarily thought is that there is a common negative within the loom that is not Easley visible.

The oil light was my biggest concern until i attached the calibrated gage at the same point on the engine oil filter block.  It required the aide of an assistance to monitor the two gages while i drove to the required rev level and noted the light functioning.

Sender unit is a Danfoss MBS 1350 (temp/pressure/switched point unit)

Let me just add that i do not normally use this end of the rev rang, But curiosity got the better of me after the Mapping session.

Robert.

I have followed all the recent techtalk threads and undertaken there suggestions to no avail.

That includes the Factory Notice change to the wiring and the adjustment of the gap?

Can you see the indicator light flashing as you turn the wheel by hand?

Sender unit is a Danfoss MBS 1350 (temp/pressure/switched point unit)

The first thing I'd do is measure the resistance of the warning light circuit on the sender at the engine speeds of interest, and check that it's behaving in the same way as the warning light.

But there's something clever about the electronics of those Danfoss widgets that might complicate that... snubbing!

Jonathan

Well done  Jonathan.

Your direction to Revilla comments on the unit were very help full.

The pulse suppressor unit that is fitted to the 1350 unit is not in evidence. (1.5mm rubber cape internal to the pressure sensor) 

I must have dislodged it when cleaning the engine parts prior to reassemble.

As for the Speedo, both gap and light output from the censor. work as expected.

If i can find a fellow member with a spare unit(head) i could eliminate my present one.

Thank you once again,

Robert.