Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Paint Code?

Foggy

Helllllp!

Like a muppet I have put a small dent in the bonnet of the 7 so she's gone into the spray shop for repair and paint.  However, the body shop are having difficulty in obtaining a good match, despite the use of a spectrum analyser.  The car is a 98 Roadsport in metallic silver........but what shade of silver!  I have nothing in the records to indicate the original paint code.

Anyone any advice on the way forward please?

If it's the darker silver (greyish) that is the Titanium one its Ferrari Grigio I believe. I'm sure the lighter metallic grey is from the Mercedes range but not sure. 'Tony the brush' t TSK is always helpful if it's a common Caterham colour and he did it.

Jonathan, many thanks for that extremely quick response pointing me in the right direction!

Titanium7, following the links in Jonathan's guidance resulted in me having a chat with Tony at TSK and as you say, looks like my car is in "Mercedes bright silver 744".  I now need to wait and hear back from the body shop to confirm or deny that that is the right colour.  Failing that I will attempt to contact Caterham with the chassis number etc to see if they can help.

Once again, many thanks.  I appreciate you both taking the time to respond with your knowledge.