Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Any Tyre changes for 2017?

cskip

I am just about to invest in a new set of tyres for hillclimbing and wondered if anyone knew if the MSA had any plans to change the List 1B tyres for next year?  I don't want to buy a set of tyre for them to be useless for next season..

Clive,

whilst what Mark says is true... despite the mess ups of previous years the MSA have actually been consistent with the marking of which tyres will be taken out of the blue book in the following year.

On the List 1B there are only a couple tyres marked with * and as these are DMACK *Trackday & VREDESTEIN *Sprint Classic, niether of which are in common use with Caterhams.

So whilst nobody can categorically say that there will be no other removals from List 1B it's probably a good bet that what we use will still be there, but there is probably more chance that new tyres may be added to list 1B.

so depending on how desperate you are for new tyres it's your choice of if to buy or wait.....

Thanks everyone.

Simon - I think I will have to risk it.  I need tyres for the next event, My race tyres got damaged and I don't fancy using my Road tyres on a hillclimb *rotate*

Chris - Good point about the asterisk, I hadn't spotted that for this years list.