Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Caterham, Live Axle, Xflow, Low Mileage, One Owner.

Caterman

Due to a new project (eBay madness!!) and a lack of space I am selling my Xflow engined car after 19 years of ownership, current mileage is 9940, built new in 1997 and owned by my ever since. 

It started life as a 1600cc Classic SE and has been upgraded over the years to a point where it now has a 170bhp 1700cc engine, Quaife gearkit and a TranX plate diff in the baffled axle (both gearbox and axle where built by Steve Perks at SPC). It has AVO adjustable shocks all round and an adjustable front ARB, it sits on recently refurbished KN Jupiter wheels shod with brand new AVON ZZS tyres.

All weather equipment, including a tonneau, will be included in the sale as will a second set of five KN Minator wheels (four with recent AVON ZZR super soft tyres), an aeroscreen and assorted spares that I have accumulated over my ownership.

Bodywork and chassis are in good condition with no apparent rust in the usual grot traps - its always been garaged and is rarely driven in the rain. Actually if you look at the mileage - its rarely driven in any weather!!

The car has been used in occasional sprints and hillclimbs and was fitted with an SLR cage, which has now been removed - but could be included in the sale.

I would like £10500 and could deliver within a reasonable distance. Car is in Merseyside and is also listed on eBay.

IMG_20160813_155021590resized.jpg.d2799a6932e6668b66c334d5954316fd.jpg

IMG_20160811_185959157resized.jpg.7d2f0f3ac98c009711db29f9d035ba1c.jpgIMG_20160813_160332643resized.jpg.b437d947206bc274a9d275a9f092e79c.jpg

For more information and pictures Blat mail me.

Phil

Despite what it might say in my profile, I have been  L7 Club member since '97.

Pictures now added, thanks to Jonathan for pointing me in the right direction.

• Area Representative

Sounds great and is far too cheap. Someone will get a bargain. Crossflows suit the Seven brilliantly.

Mileage? Is there a digit missing? That's under 600 miles per annum. My '96 car has covered over 110,000 miles (with several sad years off the road).

However good luck with the sale; as I say, a vargain.

GJT, thanks for your comments.

It probably is a little on the cheap side but a new project and lack of space means that regrettably it has to go so it's priced to sell. Crossflows do suit a Caterham and even with the high spec of mine it behaves brilliantly in traffic. 

Mileage wise, there isn't a digit missing - it really is that low, shameful really.