Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Dry sump options -k series

Cookie Monster

Phil

i have a write up on the caterham kit install written by Steve Tourle - send me a PM with your email address and I'll send it over. It has a full parts list too.

I have the caterham offering with easyclean tank bought as a complete kit - there were a few issues, highlighted in Steve's write up

Ian

Now that Caterham have some dry sump pans back in stock (maybe?), they may be able to put together a new Caterham/Titan system for you again. You have the option of using a belltank or an external tank in front of the passenger's feet like Ian and Steve's setups or Superwhite283 has a Brise kidney tank just in front of the engine. I have a Pace system (didn't buy it new but came with my engine) and am very happy with it.

All the systems have their pros and cons, in terms of cost, packaging and support, but they should all perform as well as each other to do the jobs of moving oil storage out of the sump and stop oil surge.

There are a couple of significant advantages  with the Pace system, Firstly it has two scavenge stages, front and rear, so it will do a better job of scavenging the sump in extremis, secondly it has a external pressure pump which has an adjustable blow off valve.

Oily

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Revising a slightly older thread, but can anyone point me at some info of the Pace system? A friend has a box of bits, bought years ago, but I don't think he has a replacement sump pan - I presume it needs a new sump pan? If so, which one (what with the Caterham supply issues)

Thanks,

Phil