Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Front O/S side indicator wiring - help please

Grandmaster Flatcap

All other lights OK?

1. Check continuity of the other terminal in the bulb holder to a good earth.
  2. Rig a temporary wire from a good earth to that terminal and check that the bulb then illuminates.

Once those confirm the problem work backwards from that terminal through its connection to the wire, then any connectors and so on.

Jonathan

Mine stopped working after I had wing come lose, of course I only found out after I had soldered the wires back together *mad*

The bulb was ok, and checking with a multimeter I had power and a good earth. So something in the bulb holder it's self had broken and was not making contact with the bulb, I just replaced it in the end.

So something in the bulb holder it's self had broken and was not making contact with the bulb...

Yes. I've had two of those (in other lamps) on the 7, and several others, including, for some reason, a disproportionately high number on tow boards.

99% it's a bad earth on the wingstay. 

Could be.

Could be no contact from bulbholder to bulb, or internal discontinuity in wire, although those are pretty rare.

But why speculate*? See post #2.

Jonathan

* I had a faint hope that the derivation might be through a little reflector, but it isn't. :-(