Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Zetec Jetting

ChrisHawkins

Last Wednesday I got my 1800 Zetec running for the first time, After a litle bit of a struggle with a flat battery. Funny how you always forget to do somthing!!!.

I have not altered the jetting in the carbs since they came off my 1600 crossflow and although it appears to be running well its better to do these thing properly and either fit different jets myself or have it set up on a rolling road. Does anybody have any ideas of what jets would work best on a 1800 Zetec (With 115 Bhp Cams) with 40 DCOE's, I have used the Dave Andrews Jetting program but was after a second opinion. Also has anybody used a good rolling road in the West London/Heathrow area if so which one

Cheers

Chris

K93 AMJ

jetped-boarders.co.uk *wink* *thumbup*

Edited by - chrishawkins on 11 Feb 2003 18:04:12

Nope, but I have heard of good reports. They were just a bit far for me so I used one in Reading who did a pretty good job at a resonable price (still wasn't cheap once you add the jets required etc, although they offered to buy my old ones back to reduce it).

Probably no use to you but this is my spec for a standard 2.0lt on 40's:

36mm chokes,

135 Mains,

155 Airs,

40 Spil Valve,

55F9 Idle,

F7 Emulsion Tubes,

50 Pump jet.

They said it made 132bhp at 6000rpm in 4th @ the wheels... so assuming that is just ball park then I'm happy *smile*

Phil Waters

You mean you can drive these?

I thought it was just there to polish 😬