Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Crutch strap mounting

Nifty

I think the best place is indeed the brackets which poke out to the rear of the seat, however you don't get the right nuts and bolts in the pack to enable youto do this. Instead they supply longer bolts with more brass top-hat thingies encouraging you to double up at the lap belt fixing.

I haven't looked for the fitting instructions as detailed above, but I'd be worried about scrutineering if you end up using nuts not supplied in the pack as they are all supposed to be "approved" items I think.

There is another advantage to using these rear brackets... if you double up at the lap belt fixing the bolt is so long that the seat won't go all the way back. Bit of a pain.

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours

They gave me the wrong bolts to start with as well. If you keep asking the parts department, eventually you should get a set which will let you use the brackets on the rear of the floorpan. They have a spacer (like a bit of tube)which sits inside the welded on bracket, together with appropriate nuts bolts and washers. You do have to drill holes in the floorpan to fit these, and, if you are as lucky as I was, these holes will foul the re-inforcing channel pop rivetted to the underside. These then have to be removed, fettled, and refitted, turning what should be a 30 minute job into a half a day job 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

When fitted they are very solid, and I can't see why a scrutineer would have a problem.