Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K series alternator adjuster torque settings

JosephClarke

Hi All

My new alternator adjuster bracket has arrived, I have checked here and the K series Haynes manuals and am seeing conflicting torque settings,

I need the settings for the alternator to block bolt and the two bolts either end of the adjuster.

I am seeing values of either 25nm or 45nm for each?

Also what sort of deflection to people normally set the belt at, haynes states 15mm?

Thanks

Thanks Jonathan I did see that post but couldn't tell what the verdict was, i thought that seemed loose for the belt i must have been looking at the cam belt as stated as i was skimming through with a ctrl-f for belt. Will go 25nm for adjuster bolts and 45nm for the main bracket, if you hear tears from the Suffolk direction its me shearing the bolt head off.

Cheers, im probably being incredibly dim but which is which, i see it has having three bolts, the one that pivots the alternator (A)  one that goes at the engine end of the adjustment bracket (B)  and one that goes at the alternator end of the adjustment bracket, ©

" Front mounting bolt 50NM (A)?  Top mounting nut/bolt 45NM (B)? Pinch bolt 45NM ©? Oilky - See more at: http://www.lotus7.club/forum/techtalk/torque-settings-4#sthash"

where i have added the letters, is that correct?

Cheers