Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rollover bar, hood & boot cover compatibility

cj247

Wanting to change my standard S3 metric rollover bar to either a trackday or FIA rollover bar but need some advice on compatibility with standard full hood & boot cover please. Ideally I don't want to have to replace either the hood or boot cover although I've heard that Thundersports can modify the latter.

Also is it better to go for the full FIA bar or the Trackday one? Car is used on road & for trackdays but not raced.

There's lots on which combinations work in the archives.

Jonathan

PS: I was interested in your description of the different bars. I think it's consistent with *Caterham Parts' but IIRC when I bought mine in 1998 the one with the single diagonal was described as "FIA". Did something change?

* Wouldn't it be better if the "Out of Stock" sign didn't obscure the image?!

Thanks Jonathan.

I did search existing material but it seems inconclusive. Some say that the standard hood will fit , others not.

Is the standard FIA roll bar the one with the single diagonal & the tall one with two diagonals or am I mixing up the trackday & FIA bars?

Is the standard FIA roll bar the one with the single diagonal & the tall one with two diagonals or am I mixing up the trackday & FIA bars?

I don't know. My 1998 bar with a single diagonal used to be described as "FIA" but that doesn't match the current photos.

Jonathan

Would be good if people could put the different dimensions on as per the softbits half hood diagrams of the different rollbar dimensions so people could workout the alterations to half hoods and boot covers that are required. I for one would find this useful. 

Mrp  

I've recently changed from a standard bar to a FIA bar, on my 7.  The chassis is a Imperial S3. My boot cover now no longer fits correctly, it's the extra width of the bars that's the problem.

It can still be used in the short term, as I am, but over the winter I intend on getting it altered 

Mark