Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Time and date of last post

Alan Archer

Could I suggest that in the blatchat index, you have a column that shows the date and time of the last post in each section? This would save having to trawl through each section to see if there are any new posts since you last visited the forum, similar to what they have on pistonheads.  

Hi Jonathon,

I can't see anywhere to change the view settings, when I go in to a sub section it has a column that shows the date and time of the last post on each topic, in the index it only has a number of topics/posts counter.

Alan 

What's the URL of what you call "the index"? http://www.lotus7.club/forum   ?

I never use that page. I use: http://www.lotus7.club/forum/new which has the dates and times.

(I also keep the top pages for ChitChat and TechTalk open in separate tabs. And then open each thread of interest in a new tab so that I can find it after it automatically disappears from New and Updated.)

I don't think it should behave the way it does, but with those workarounds it's usable. 

Could you have a look for that thread about styles of use: I don't think I convinced anyone. ;-)

Jonathan

Thanks for help Jonathon,

Yes, using the one with just forum at the end, have just tried your suggestion of adding new, it works, only thing is that it just shows all new posts but not what section they are under.

You mst have seen the pistohnheads one and know what I mean, to me that works well. 

I can't have anymore tabs open, I am a nightmare for it already and always have at least 30 tabs open lol. 

Will have a look, but could be needle in a haystack!

Alan