Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Championship Awards Lunch and Championship Regulations 2017 Consultation

Comp Sec

As you know we are returning to the refurbished British Motor Museum at Gaydon for the  awards lunch on Sunday 16th October 2016, and we are now taking bookings.

So log into you web account and book your place online , http://www.lotus7.club/speed-championship-awards-lunch

We will be having a similar structure to last year with any issues which needs decisions from the competitors being voted upon, hopefully there’s no major surprises in the pipeline for next season, but we will have to see what surprises the MSA puts out as the season goes on.

Remember this is your chance to influence the regulations for your championship, and I’ve already had a couple of  ideas sent through.

Prior to the awards dinner on 16th October, common themes & proposal will be developed from these by the regulations team, and a briefing paper will be circulated and championship competitors will have opportunity to vote on any proposals at the awards.

Whilst your ideas can be submitted at any point over the season by email to me using the  Compsec@lotus7.club email address using the following format.

• Title
  • Description
  • Any Technical Detail
  • Upside of Proposal
  • Downside of Proposal
  • Cost Impact to competitors
  • Implementation
  • Possible Objections

Please remember we don’t have all the answers, and I’m sure there will be some duplicates, but we will try and collate the received ideas into achievable options for 2017 regulations.

I’m still looking for a willing volunteer to put together a video montage for the awards, if your game for it please let me know.

If you have any questions or queries please feel free to contact me.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Venue : British Motor Museum, Banbury Road, Gaydon, Warwickshire, CV35 0BJ

The British Motor Museum is five minutes from Junction 12 of the M40, on the B4100 near the village of Gaydon. It is signed locally with brown Motor Museum road signs. Exit the M40 at Junction 12 and turn left, following the brown Motor Museum signs. Continue for approximately 1 mile and the entrance to the British Motor Museum is on your left. If using a Sat Nav for directions we recommend you enter th e British Motor Museum as a point of interest rather than using the postcode.

Programme

Competitors & Guests can arrive any time after 10:30am to look around the museum.

Please use the Conference Car Park around the left hand side of the museum and enter through the conference suite. Prior to looking around the museum please come and see us in conference room 1 to collect your badge to allow you access. Tea & Coffee will  be available.

10:30am          Arrivals

12:00pm          Lunch

1:30pm            Award Presentations

2:30pm            Regulation Voting

Guests can look around the museum or  remain for the Regulations Voting session, we will have the use of the room until 4pm and  the museum is open until 5pm

Look forward to seeing you all there.

The voting results from the 2016 Regulations Consultation are as follows ;-

Power Limits  Class 1/2/3/4 - Current Nominal Limit + 5% Tolerance

Engine Modifications - Engine restrictions shall remain as present

Small Class Scoring - No Changes to current scoring basis

Class Records - Reset the records to times set in 2016

Personal Bests - Reset All Personal Bests to the 2016 times

Curborough Scoring - All competitors shall be included in trophy placings but Clubman Competitors shall not be included in the points score, and the fastest championship contender shall be used for the points calculation.

Over the coming months I will be finalizing the regulations for submission to the MSA, If you have any specific query over how the regulations apply to you please feel free to contact me directly by email.

Hi Chris,

Many thanks for an excellent  awards lunch, and for your hard work as an excellent Comp Sec over 2016.

In regards to Sprinters spares box , it is looking rather  depleted and requires up dating ,do we just ask for used parts donations or are there any funds available to purchase replacement/more relevant parts? 

I am happy to take this task on, but if you can give me some guidance of how it has worked in the past,

or your thoughts for the future?

I also owe for bottle of wine from the lunch, how can i pay?

Regards

Philip

Hi Phil,

I think a general request for either a spares parts donation or replacement from those who have used the service this year...... is appropriate.

If we can then review what is in a what has been used we can look at any shortfalls which might be of benefit.

As to the wine i'll be dropping an email out.