Click here if you are having website access problems ×

270s New Build

richd13

Hi all,

I am incredibly happy to introduce myself as a new-build 270s (I'm picking up the kit on Friday 20th, i.e. in two days!). My name is Rich and I live in Market Weighton, East Yorkshire.

Just wanted to know if there are any build tips applicable to me; I plan to attach the IVA protection to the front apertures as the first job, and have ordered bigheads to attach the cycle wings, but any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Area Representative

Best advice is "enjoy the build". 

Make sure you treat the grot traps with waxoyl or similar. You should be able to find some build blogs that will help. I think Nigel Pugh has recently done one. 

Thanks Paul, I've been to pick up some Waxoyl today so I'll put that down as an early job too!

Nigel, I believe I've come across your blog before, it's a good read! I've decided to use the blog section on this site if anyone wants to keep track of my progress.

And Jonathan, I have indeed received an email about the Yorkshire, north and east group. And most tools I've managed to acquire, minus a couple that I'm borrowing from my local garage in exchange for a few beers!

Great, I hope my blog and others gives you some good pointers.

I too tried to Create a blog on here in the blog section, and you can see some of my build there.

However as I use my iPad for most of my pictures, both for organising, editing and posting to various forums, I found that the photo management capabilities of blatchat very difficult to navigate easily when using my iPad.

As a result I have posted some pictures there,,but most of the major threads within lots of attached pictures are on my blog, where it was easier to post multiple pictures.

Enjoy your build!, And don't forget there are no daft questions, so ask away! 

Congratulations!!!

I am just at the end of my 270S build.  I did the same as you, by fitting the IVA protectors first, and also ordered Bigheads. 

IM me if you want to swap phone numbers.  I'd be happy to chat through any issue you may encounter at each stage